Michigan Auto Accident Attorney
Nobody thinks a car accident will happen to them, but unfortunately auto accidents occur quite frequently and the injuries and losses can be devastating. Every year, millions of people are injured and over 1,000 drivers are killed in Michigan alone as the result of driver negligence. If you have been injured or seriously hurt in a car accident, the Lansing accident lawyers at The Clark Law Office are here to help you right away. Call or email us anytime to speak with one of our accident attorneys for free.
We Have the Answers to Your Auto Related Legal Questions
We understand that dealing with a serious injury is a very stressful time, but we can help alleviate your concerns and answer your questions. Injuries resulting from an accident can have a lasting effect not only on your physical well-being, but also on your overall financial position. We will make sure that you get fair compensation to pay for your all of your auto accident related expenses and ensure financial stability for you and your family now and into the future.
- What Should I Do Following the Accident?
- How am I Going to Pay for an Attorney?
- I'm Unable to Work, Who is Going to Pay for My Lost Wages?
- How Will I Pay For My Medical Bills?
- What About My Pain and Suffering?
- How Am I Going To Drive With No Working Car?
- What About The Other Fees and Costs Associated With a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
We Prepare Every Accident Case As If It's Going To Trial
We devote the time and effort it takes to prepare each and every case we take as if it's going to trial. Not only are we ready if it does, it gives us a lot of bargaining power when making negotiations with insurance companies. By doing this, we help you achieve a much more fair settlement for your injuries and losses. We are not afraid to take the case to court if your offer from the auto insurance company is too low; we are by nature trial attorneys and we will not back down to the insurance companies. We have successfully won multiple million dollar verdicts for our auto accident clients at trial even though the insurance company provided little or no settlement offers at all.
Our Michigan auto accident attorneys will form a legal strategy made specifically for you. We have the ability to hire experts when investigating the facts of your case and we often use reconstruction experts to help strengthen your defense. Auto insurance companies will most likely fight against you in order to increase their profits and they have a strong legal team already in place. We can help you deal with your insurance company and make all the proper claims; we do it all the time!
You're Entitled To Certain Damages Following Your Michigan Auto Accident
Most of the time, insurance companies are unwilling to pay out the benefits or compensation that your case deserves even though you pay for your auto insurance for years without needing it or using it. You must take these auto insurance companies head on to collect a fair settlement or verdict regardless of the situation. Here is a short outline of the damages that are recoverable for someone injured in a car accident in Michigan.
- Michigan No-Fault Benefits - These are commonly referred to as first party benefits under Michigan No-Fault Law. These benefits usually include medical expenses, medical mileage, income or wage loss, replacement services, attendant care, home modifications, and vehicle modifications.
- Pain and Suffering Expenses - These are commonly referred to as third party benefits under Michigan No-Fault Law. Some auto accidents carry more than simple no-fault benefits and economic losses. While hard to prove in Michigan given the extra "threshold", you can still sue the negligent driver for certain non-economic losses.
- Michigan Mini-Tort - This is a law intended to help drivers recoup some of the economic loss if their car is damaged. There are restrictions and a maximum recovery amount and it's calculated based the percentage of fault of the driver(s).
- Wrongful Death Damages - A surviving member of the family can file for wrongful death damages to obtain justice for their family member.
- Social Security Disability - Many insurance companies would like for you to file for disability benefits following your injuries, but be careful here it can also damage your car accident lawsuit. Sometimes it's the right choice, but make sure to speak with an attorney before making such an important decision.
Understanding Your Chosen Level of No-Fault Auto Insurance Policy
Michigan uses a no-fault system meaning that both drivers should be protected financially, but this is simply not always the case. State minimum insurance levels, which are very common, may not provide enough protection if the injury is severe. Every auto insurance policy is different and some drivers may have elevated levels of personal injury protection and collision coverage. Personal injury protection is the insurance that helps pay for the majority of financial obligations. Examples of PIP coverage include the aforementioned lost wages, medical expenses, attendant care, replacement services and mileage. Collision coverage deals with the amount of insurance you have regarding actual physical damage to your vehicle. For example, the collision coverage tells you how much protection you have when your vehicle sustains financial damage such as a broken windshield.
Contact Our Michigan Car Accident Lawyers. No Fee Unless You Win
The Clark Law Office has the expertise, resources, and knowledge that is necessary when taking on large insurance companies in court. We have gotten multiple million dollar verdicts for our clients and we deal with insurance companies on a daily basis. Insurance laws in Michigan can be hard to follow and outright confusing at times. Don't let your insurance company take advantage of you and get an unfair result. You may think that they have your best interests in heart, but they also trying to run a profitable business at your expense. You can trust our attorneys to work hard for you and recover the most compensation to help you and your family move on from a difficult time. As with all our personal injury cases, we will charge you no attorney fees unless you win your case. Call us today at 517-347-6900 or fill out our online contact form for a completely free consultation and get to know us better!