Ann Arbor Car Accident Lawyer

No one wants to be involved in a car accident in Ann Arbor.  Unfortunately, even the most skilled and careful driver can be injured in a car accident caused by another driver or party. When another driver or third party causes a traffic accident in Michigan, that party can be held liable for the injuries, losses, and damages sustained by the accident victims. Our Ann Arbor car accident lawyers help car crash victims file personal injury claims to recover the compensation they are entitled to receive by law.

The Clark Law Office is well-known in the Ann Arbor community for providing exceptional legal services and compassionate support and guidance for our clients. Call 517-347-6900 to schedule a free legal consultation. We will aggressively fight for your legal rights inside and outside of the courtroom.

Most Dangerous Intersection in Ann Arbor, MI

Traffic accidents occur throughout Ann Arbor. However, the intersection of State Street and Ellsworth Road appears to be the sign of numerous traffic collisions. The intersection was named the ninth most dangerous intersection in Michigan. According to the list, State Street & Ellsworth Road had 110 collisions during 2017.  Regardless of where your car accident occurs, our Ann Arbor car accident lawyer can help you investigate the car accident, file a claim with the insurance company, and settle your accident claim for the maximum amount allowed by law.  Call 517-347-6900 now for a no-fee consultation with an attorney.

Filing a No-Fault Insurance Claim in Ann Arbor

Michigan has a no-fault insurance policy that requires all drivers to carry no-fault insurance coverage. If you are injured in a car accident, your first opportunity to recover compensation is to file a no-fault insurance claim against the driver of the vehicle you were in at the time of the crash. If you were the driver, you file an insurance claim with your insurance provider.  No-fault insurance claims can reimburse accident victims for damages including:

  • Medical bills, including the cost of personal care, physical therapy, long-term care, and future medical expenses
  • Loss of income, but no-fault insurance only covers 85% of the loss of wages for up to three years from the date of injury
  • Mileage to and from your doctor’s visits
  • Help with household chores
  • Vehicle modifications and home modifications if you suffered a permanent disability
  • Vocational rehabilitation for training if you cannot return to the job you held before the accident

There could be other damages covered by the no-fault insurance policy. However, receiving all benefits that you are entitled to receive may not be easy. Your insurance company may unfairly or unjustly deny your claim. Therefore, you need an Ann Arbor car accident lawyer to review your claim and fight for payment of full benefits.  Call our office at 517-347-6900 to speak with an attorney for free to learn more about how we can help you recover full benefits for a no-fault insurance claim.

Filing a Third-Party Claim for Pain and Suffering Damages

No-fault insurance claims do not cover pain and suffering damages. However, you may be entitled to receive payment for your pain and suffering from a third party if you can prove four elements for a third-party car accident claim:

  • ONE — You must prove that the other driver or the party was 50 percent or more at fault for the cause of the collision. However, it can be difficult to prove fault without an attorney on your side. Our Ann Arbor car accident attorneys understand how to investigate car accidents to determine fault and obtain evidence to prove that the person was more than 50 percent at fault for the crash.
  • TWO — You must provide sufficient evidence to prove that you were injured in the car accident. Typically, medical records are used to prove the types and extent of your injuries.
  • THREE — The evidence must prove that your injuries were sustained in the car accident. Insurance companies like to argue that your injuries were not sustained in the crash, especially if you delayed seeking medical treatment. We can work closely with your doctors to gather medical evidence proving your injuries occurred because of the crash.
  • FOURTH — Only certain injuries make a person eligible for pain and suffering damages in a third-party car accident claim. Michigan’s no-fault laws state that the injuries must cause a permanent serious disfigurement, serious impairment of a bodily function, or death for the accident victim to be eligible for pain and suffering damages under a third-party accident claim.

Proving that your injuries meet or exceed the “threshold injuries” required by law can be a difficult undertaking. Our Ann Arbor car accident lawyer has extensive experience in filing these types of car accident claims. We help victims recover compensation for their physical disfigurement, physical pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, and suffering.  Call The Clark Law Office at 517-347-6900 to schedule a free legal consultation to learn more about third-party insurance claims in Ann Arbor.

Where Can I Get a Copy of the Report for My Car Accident in Ann Arbor?

If you are involved in a car crash in Ann Arbor, you can request a copy of the full accident report by contacting the City of Ann Arbor’s Police Department. The Police Records Department maintains records of crash reports. You can visit the office located at 301 E Huron St, 2nd floor in Ann Arbor or call 734-794-6954 for more information. However, if you retain The Clark Law Office to handle your car accident claim, we will take care of this step for you and provide you with a complete copy of your crash report for your records.

Hire an Ann Arbor Car Accident Lawyer — No Up Front Fees Required

You can hire The Clark Law Office to represent you in your car accident claim with no upfront fees or costs. Our no-fee promise means that you do not pay any attorney fees until we recover money for your claim.  Call our office at 517-347-6900 to learn more about our no fee promise and to schedule a free legal consultation with an Ann Arbor car accident attorney.