Wondering The Value of Your Case?
Here’s a Few Things to Consider……..At The Clark Law Office, we realize that there are a multitude of factors that will influence the value of your accident case. If you’ve been hurt or seriously injured from an accident I’m sure this is the first question that you want answered. Every single detail can make a significant difference and therefore there is no clear way to give you a projected number without looking into your case in detail. If an attorney gives you a dollar amount then you know you should find someone else. It is not right and downright unethical to give you a particular dollar amount without gathering all the information about your case including police reports, medical exams, and other facts related to your accident claim.
Don’t Take The First Offer That’s Given Just Because It’s Convenient!
Your insurance company will also be eager to offer you a settlement, DON’T rely on your insurance company to give you a fair offer, they are most likely lowballing you to get a huge liability off the books. This is a common way insurance companies quickly and cheaply settle cases. They are relying on the fact that you are desperate for money now and will take whatever they throw your way. It takes time and hard work to gather the relevant facts and come up with an estimate of your case’s value. Here is a list of questions which should be considered when determining the value of your case. This is just a starting point, but it gives you an idea of what to look for!
- What are the extents of your injuries?
- What is your prior history of injuries?
- Is the Injury directly related to the accident?
- Did the accident worsen a previous injury?
- Is surgery recommended by your doctor? What about future surgery?
- Are you still able to work your job?
- Did the accident cause you to lose wages?
- What is the expected recovery time?
- Can your injury be considered serious impairment of an important bodily function?
- Was the other driver negligent?
- How many witnesses saw the accident take place?
- Are there any illegal substances involved such as alcohol or marijuana?
As you can see, there are many different conditions that can alter the value of your case. Regardless of the situation surrounding the accident, we can help. Our lawyers will help you pay your medical expenses, file all necessary and tedious paperwork, work with your insurance company so you don’t have to, and gather all the facts and relevant evidence to strengthen your claim. Call us today for a free legal evaluation at (517) 347-6900. We will pay for all the upfront costs and you won’t be charged a dime unless you win. For more information on car accident in Michigan, click here!