Michigan has seen an increasing number of car crash fatalities in the last three years. In 2020, the Michigan Department of State Police recorded a total of 1,083 deaths from just 245,432 incidents (0.44%). These numbers are significantly lower in previous years: 985 deaths out of 314,377 accidents in 2019 (0.31%) and 974 fatalities out of 312,798 reported cases in 2018 (0.31%).
Car Crash Statistics in Jackson, MI
For a city with a population of less than 33,000, Jackson sure sees a lot of car crashes each year. In 2020, 15 fatalities and 798 injuries in car accidents in Jackson County alone were reported by the Michigan Department of State Police.
Local roads and city streets have recorded the highest number of accidents at 2,771 incidents, followed by the interstate with 709 cases.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Jackson, MI?
Accidents happen even to the most cautious of us. Unfortunately, there will always be someone who has had a little too much to drink or driving while distracted. When you find yourself in this situation, you will need a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer in Jackson.
Our attorneys at The Clark Law Office can help you:
- Find enough proof that the other driver was the one who caused the crash. They will talk to witnesses and police officers and review police reports and photos of the accident scene.
- Get medical attention. Having a personal injury lawyer’s name as one of your emergency contacts can ensure that the hospital calls them when you’ve been in an accident. Your attorney can then help you get medical treatment and ensure that you are receiving proper care.
- Insurance representatives can be persuasive, and they will try to undervalue your claims most of the time. Statistically, having a personal injury attorney by your side can ensure that you get, on average, three times more money than unrepresented claimants.
- File your claims on time. Each case has a statute of limitations, and your Jackson personal injury lawyer will make sure you don’t miss this deadline.
With the help of a personal injury attorney in Jackson, MI, you can fight for your rights to fair and just compensation if you or a loved one get in an accident involving:
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Birth injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful deaths
Getting Immediate Help from a Jackson Car Accident Lawyer
A minor fender-bender or rear-ender may leave you feeling fine, but you could be worried about possible delayed injuries. A Jackson car accident attorney can guide you in the right direction, such as seeking medical attention and filing a personal injury claim.
Make sure you speak to a personal injury attorney in Jackson, MI if you or your loved one suffered the following from the car crash:
- Any head injury, including traumatic brain injury
- Partial or complete paralysis resulting from a serious spinal cord injury
- Severed limbs or injuries that require surgical amputation
- Loss of pregnancy or miscarriage
- Broken or fractured bones
- Wrongful death
Motorcycle Accidents in the United States Up by 9%
Traffic fatalities have increased during the pandemic, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Motorcycle accidents rank number one at 5,015 (up 9% from 2019). Car accidents and bicycle accidents are both up 5%, at 23,395 and 846 respectively.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, more than 120,000 individuals are injured in truck collisions every year.
Your Jackson car accident lawyer will be able to help you establish a case if ever you were involved in any of these traffic accidents.
Slip and Fall Accidents
While most people would typically file a claim for their slip and fall accident on their own, having a Michigan attorney to represent you can speed up the process. They’ll be able to prove that you are suffering from pain by using the following:
- Medical records and bills
- Your medical prognosis
- Expert testimony from doctors and other medical professionals
- Images of your injuries (including X-rays, CT scans and MRIs)
- Psychiatric records, if available
Let an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Jackson, MI Help You
Choose The Clark Law Office, and you can rest easy knowing only successful trial attorneys will be handling your case. The Office has been serving clients in Lansing and the entire Michigan state for the past 30 years.
Whether you are looking to file a claim for a car, truck or motorcycle accident, dog bite or medical malpractice, you can count on the Michigan-based attorneys from The Clark Law Office to work hard for you. Give us a call today at +1 (517) 347 6900 so that we can discuss your legal rights.