Statistics of Car Crashes in Mason County
In 2020, the Michigan State Police recorded a total of 1,178 car crashes in Mason County. Five of these car crashes were fatal, while 106 resulted in physical injuries and 1,067 resulted in damage to property.
Of these car crashes, 25 were due to alcohol intoxication, 1 occurred in a construction zone, 37 were due to distracted driving, and 10 involved drugs.
Other Personal Injury Cases Where an Experienced Mason County Lawyer Can Help
Aside from car crashes, a Mason County personal injury lawyer can help represent you in a wide range of cases, including:
- Medical Malpractice
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accident
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Premises Liability (i.e., Slip and Falls)
- Worker’s Compensation
- Product Liability
Of course, there are other cases aside from those mentioned above where the services and expertise of a Mason personal injury lawyer can be valuable.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Mason County, MI
Backed with more than 30 years of legal experience, The Clark Law Office is dedicated to helping the people of Mason, MI fight for their rights.
A personal injury lawyer can help prove that the other party was negligent, and that negligence led to the accident. Your Michigan car accident attorney and personal injury lawyer must prove that the other party acted without proper care and, therefore, his actions resulted in injuries.
In addition, a personal injury lawyer must also prove that the negligence resulted in injuries, suffering, and loss of the complainant.
Here are the basic things that a Mason personal injury lawyer does.
- Explain the plaintiff’s rights to the plaintiff himself.
- Build a strong case against the person who committed negligence and caused injury to the plaintiff.
- Send letters of representation to the people involved.
- Secure all pieces of evidence, even damaged vehicles involved in the accident.
- Communicates with insurance providers.
- Review the medical records of the plaintiff.
- Look at all the legal issues that can potentially affect the case.
- Initiate a comprehensive and thorough investigation of the incident.
- Contacts all possible witnesses.
- Gather and document all pieces of evidence that will prove the damages and injuries incurred by the plaintiff.
- Monitor and ensure that all legal and court documents are submitted on time and before the deadline for filing of personal injury lawsuits.
- Identifies and hires experts that can help in the case.
- Identify the damages incurred by the plaintiff and calculates their total values.
- Negotiate a reasonable and fair settlement.
- Represent the plaintiff in the court trial.
Note that should the plaintiff decide to settle, some of the steps above will no longer be necessary.
What Should You Do After an Accident?
If you get involved in an accident, seek medical assistance immediately. Seeing your physician sooner will make it easier for you to process your insurance claims. If you do not seek medical attention as soon as possible, your insurance provider and even the judge may dismiss your injuries as dismal and nothing serious.
While some people handle personal injury claims by themselves, seeing a trusted Mason County personal injury lawyer can be beneficial. For one, you will get legal advice from an expert on such cases. You also have peace of mind that your case is in good and capable hands.
Should you decide on filing the case, make sure to file within three years at the time of death or injury.
Why Choose The Clark Law Office?
Here at The Clark Law Office, we take every case seriously. We understand the stress and suffering that every plaintiff is going through. We make sure that each case is studied well, and we work hard so that our clients get the compensation and financial support that they need and deserve.
Call us now for a free legal consultation at +1 (517) 347 6900 or send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can rest assured that with more than 30 years of experience, we can provide quality legal representation for you in Mason, MI.