Tragedies such as truck accidents are bound to strike at unexpected times thus leaving the victim in shock. In most cases, truck accidents are common for those who travel the nation’s roadway and there seem to be no better way to protect against this tragedy. Taking into consideration the extent of damage that may arise from a truck accident, there is the need to contact Lansing truck accident lawyers to get the best legal representation aimed at compensating you for the damages. However, staying alive and healthy is one of the most important first steps after you must have been involved in such accident as this and below are some of the important facts to know.
Important Tractor Trailer Knowledge:
- Commercial trucks can be as much as six times larger than an average car thus escalating the impact of the accident
- The weight of a commercial truck (estimated at about 80,000 pounds) far outweighs that of an average vehicle (estimated at about 5,000)
- A commercial truck requires at least 40 percent more time to brake compared to smaller automobiles
- The US Department of Transportation revealed that those involved in truck accidents stand a 47 percent higher fatality rate compared to other accident types
- The turning radius of a semi-truck has been estimated to be roughly twice that of an average two-lane road
- The facts above, when put into perspective reveals the complexity and extent of damages which may arise as a result of a truck accident. With the nation’s roadway filled with trucks, understanding the complexity of accidents such as this can put you in a better and advantaged position.
Why Truck Accidents Are Different
Truck accidents are handled differently from other automobile accidents based on the complexities of the case. Truck accidents are handled with a different level of care demanding proper investigation to determine the “at fault” party. Getting the service of an experienced truck accident attorney can help you get through the case and the claims process.
Further Complications of Lansing Tractor Trailer Collisions
- Property damage: Damages as a result of truck accidents have been reported to be higher compared to other forms of automobile accidents. Truck accidents have been reported to be more expensive due to the truck’s commercial value, size, and weight.
- Personal Injury: injuries arising from truck accidents have been reported to be more fatal as occupants of the vehicles involved in the accident are most likely to suffer severe injuries.
- Regulations: Commercial vehicles are guarded by a set of complex regulations which affect their movement. The set regulations on commercial vehicles can be difficult to navigate for laymen who do not deal with them on a regular basis.
- Insurance: Due to the expensive nature of the commercial vehicles as this and the extent of property damages, asides injuries, claims process in this case becomes more complex and more expensive compared to a regular policy.
Assistance for Lansing Truck Accident Victims
Whether you have been injured as a result of a truck driver’s negligence or as a driver, you have been injured while operating the vehicle, the proves of seeking help in cases as this may be difficult and as such it is recommended that you hire the services of qualified truck accident lawyers from https://theclarklawoffice.com/truck-accident-attorneys/. Be sure to hire the services of a professional who has a proven record of success to ensure the best outcome in the claims process.