What Else Can Count as Personal Injury Cases?
Other incidences can lead to personal injury claims – it’s not always just car accident cases. Aside from those involving the road, the most notable ones include the following:
· Medical malpractice cases
Physical and psychiatric harm caused by medical professionals is the focus of medical malpractice cases. Examples include misdiagnosis, incorrect prescriptions, unfair practices, and more.
· Product liability incidents
Any harm caused by consumer products to customers can also warrant a personal injury case. Some examples include defective design, no warning labels, and defects in processing that cause injuries.
Defamation suits involve taking action against perpetrators of incidents that hurt someone’s reputation. These cases of defamation may be in person, through media, and more.
· Dog bites
Pets are their owners’ responsibility. As such, incidents where a pet harms a person can be the subject of a personal injury case. Dog attacks are among the most common incidents of these cases.
· Slip and fall
Slip and fall cases commonly sue the owner of the premises where the incident happened. As such, it’s imperative to have proper documentation in these cases.
· Wrongful death
These involve deaths due to negligence, recklessness, or intentional actions. Wrongful death suits are among the most serious of these cases.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Grand Ledge, MI?
The numbers above speak for themselves – personal injury and car accident cases are rather common in the area. As such, it would greatly help to have a personal injury lawyer when these incidents do occur. A Grand Ledge personal injury lawyer can help clients in navigating the muddy legal process.
When should a personal injury or car accident case be filed?
Personal injury cases in Michigan have a statute of limitations of three years. This means that the case should be filed within three years from:
- the occurrence of the incident that led to the injury; or
- the diagnosis of the injury.
Other cases may have shorter statutes. For example, medical malpractice has a 2-year statute of limitations. Hire a Grand Ledge personal injury lawyer to avoid missing the deadline to file your case.
What details are important?
There are very specific details and concrete evidence that can help your case, and having these is important in order to get fair and just compensation for your injury. With help from your auto accident lawyer in Grand Ledge, MI, you would need to compile the following:
- Documentation: If there are photos and videos of the incident, these can serve as valuable pieces of evidence.
- Police report: If law enforcement officers were on the scene, be sure to bring official reports they may have written.
- Incident reports: Accidents that happen within the premises of establishments are required to have incident reports. Be sure to also ask for these.
- Witness information: The testimony of any witnesses will also be valuable to the case. Make sure also to give any information regarding witnesses.
- Personal information: Finally, and most importantly, you must provide the personal information of the victims.
The Clark Law Office Can Help Provide the Legal Representation You Need in Grand Ledge, MI
A Grand Ledge personal injury lawyer should be able to help you with your personal injury or car accident case. If you need tried and tested legal assistance, The Clark Law Office is your best choice.
We have an experienced team of professionals who are well-versed in personal injury cases. We specialize in these and have served cases regarding medical malpractice, accidents, injuries, and more.
Learn more about us here today. Once you’re ready to book your FREE consult, give us a call at +1 (517) 347 6900 or sending an email to email@example.com.