Statistics of Car Crashes in I-96
The I-96 is the only two-digit intrastate interstate highway in Michigan. The 192-mile highway runs from East to West and is only within the state of Michigan.
Thousands of vehicles use the highway each day. Therefore, it is not surprising that 21,730 car crashes occurred on interstate highways in Michigan in 2020. Out of this number, 94 were fatal while 4,018 resulted in injuries. The accidents resulted in 108 deaths and 5,289 injured people.
How a Michigan Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you have been involved in a car crash along I-96, it is best to call a reputable and experienced Michigan car accident lawyer after you seek the necessary medical help.
Michigan personal injury lawyers are not only experts in helping victims of car crashes. They are civil lawyers who fight for the rights of individuals, not corporations. They fight to ensure that a victim gets his or her just compensation after being injured due to the negligence of the other party.
Other cases where a personal injury lawyer in Michigan can help you include:
- Medical Malpractice
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accident
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Premises Liability (i.e., Slip and Falls)
- Worker’s Compensation
- Product Liability
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in I-96 Michigan
There are those who are confident to handle their own personal injury claims without hiring a lawyer. This is true when all that’s involved is filing for insurance claims.
However, it must be noted, that for cases with significant claims, such as a fatal or serious interstate car crash, medical malpractice, or workplace injury claims, a personal injury lawyer in Michigan is a must.
What Will an I-96 Michigan Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Here are some of the things that you can expect from your personal injury lawyer.
- Explain the rights of the plaintiff and what will happen during the entire legal process.
- Build a strong case against the person or persons who committed a negligent act.
- Send letters of representation to everyone involved.
- Gather all pieces of evidence that will strengthen the case.
- Communicate with the relevant insurance providers.
- Review the plaintiff’s medical records and seek the recommendations of the plaintiff’s physicians.
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the incident.
- Find and reach out to all possible witnesses.
- Ensure that all legal and court documents are submitted on time and before the deadline for filing of personal injury lawsuits.
- Identify and hire experts needed to build and support the case.
- Calculate the monetary value of all damages incurred.
- Negotiate a reasonable and fair settlement.
- Represent the plaintiff in the court trial.
Note that the extent of work a personal injury lawyer would provide depends on whether the plaintiff will decide to settle or pursue the case.
What Should You Do After an Accident?
People who get involved in a car crash must seek medical attention immediately. Not doing so may cause future problems in proving that the accident resulted in serious injuries and damages.
Being involved in a car crash can be traumatic. Thus, it will be in the victim’s best interest to leave legal matters in the capable hands of an experienced personal injury lawyer. With an I-69 auto accident attorney You can focus on your recovery and have the help of someone who has gone through the process multiple times. On the other hand, if you do things on your own, you may end up grappling blindly throughout the whole process.
It is important to remember to file a case within three years at the time of death or injury.
Why Choose The Clark Law Office?
At The Clark Law Office, we understand that a car crash can trigger many unpleasant and costly events. Some lose the ability to work for the rest of their lives. Some have to undergo a lifetime’s worth of therapy and rehabilitation. Let us help you get the just financial support that will help you through the process.
Book your free consultation today! Call us at +1 (517) 347-6900 or email email@example.com, and let’s discuss how we can win your case.